GUEST POST by: Meredith Wood
Have you signed up for the Fundera Advisor Program? If not, you should do so. Immediately. All the cool kids are doing it. (Well, assuming you think Stacy and Dawn are the cool kids…but since you’re reading this, how could you not?!*)
Let’s face the facts. The number one reason small businesses change accountants is because the accountant wasn’t providing proactive advice.
Given how busy we all are, it is often way too easy to get caught up in what you have to do, and often too hard to find the time to take a step back and think big picture. But your clients want you to do just that. Instead of having them tell you what they need, you should start telling them what they need (and how you can help them with it).
The Fundera Advisor Program is here to help you do just that, and easily transition into the role of a proactive advisor.
The program is free to join. Ready to get started? You can sign up here.
Have questions before you start? Here are some program FAQs:
- Who is Fundera? Fundera is the easiest way to find and secure a small business loan. With one application, business owners can apply to multiple lenders, ensuring they get the lowest cost loan in the fastest amount of time.
- How much does Fundera cost? Fundera is free for both advisors and small businesses.
- How does the Advisor program work? After signing up, you will gain access to your Advisor portal, which allows you to work with clients in two different ways. The first is hands-off. You have a unique referral link you can send to clients, but you’re involvement isn’t necessary from there. The second is hands-on. Within the portal, you are able to start and complete applications on your clients behalf. They will only need to come in at the end to authorize a credit check. This allows you to add loan preparation services to your business, helping you grow your business and add revenues to your practice.
- Is there commission? Yes. Whenever one of your client referrals is successfully funded, you will get half of our revenue from the loan, which is usually equivalent to 1% of the loan amount. A $100,000 loan? That means $1,000 for you.
- What if I don’t want commission? If you do not want to receive commission for referring Fundera, we can pass it on to your customers. So, in the above example, they would receive a check for $1,000 to apply to their loan payment!
- How do I sign up? We thought you’d never ask. It’s easy, just head to fundera.com/advisors and click “Sign Up as An Advisor Now.”
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-Fundera or email [email protected]
*Editor’s Note: Neither Dawn nor Stacy coerced anyone from Fundera.com to say this. That being said, both of them happen to think everyone over at Fundera.com is pretty freaking cool too.